Server player base

Moderator: Server Administrators

Ricardo
Server Owner
Server Owner

Server player base

Post by Ricardo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:50 pm

So I have a question. Please only reply if you have something useful to say.

Hosted tab expired on the sixth of this month and I still believe that it's really important to have in order to maintain somewhat of a serious playerbase. The only reason I checked and saw it was expired is because the IRC was quiet compared to last week.

So my question is: is it true that hosted tab helps out the server as much as I think? It probably is but I want to see other people's opinion.

drownrabbit
Donator
Donator

Re: Server player base

Post by drownrabbit » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Id say it does, because there are more servers on "internet" tab than in "hosted" tab at SA-MP browser.
Newbies oftenly just browse around the server lists and try out different servers. On internet tab we have a smaller
chance to anyone even notice our server. Its up to you if you think its worth the money or not, Id say it does help.

Pilot_7983
Donator
Donator

Post by Pilot_7983 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:15 am

Definitely, i saw the player count in double digits over 50% of the time last week, now the average is around 3-9 players. We were actually wondering why it was quite low and now we saw this it seems much more clear why. Hosted tabs seem to attract the most new players, otherwise most of the players playing on the server are just regulars/donators.
Regards,

-----
Lucia: u faiul pillz
Lucia: pilot*
Lucia: wtf
[22:56] <~FunBot3> Marty_Kojima: hola buenas estoy buscando a mi mascota perdida se llama Sergio :v

Jayden
Donator
Donator

Post by Jayden » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:27 am

Yeah; the server hasn't getting many new players at all lately. Whereas when it was hosted we got quite the influx of new players, albeit not too many stayed. If you are going to put the server back on Hosted, I suggest changing up something to make the server more attractive to the new players who do come. I do wish more of them stayed.
- Speed ''The Cunt'' ster879

Code_Red
Server noob
Server noob

Post by Code_Red » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:18 am

Speed wrote:Yeah; the server hasn't getting many new players at all lately. Whereas when it was hosted we got quite the influx of new players, albeit not too many stayed. If you are going to put the server back on Hosted, I suggest changing up something to make the server more attractive to the new players who do come. I do wish more of them stayed.
Out of three replies only one was right on the money. It's true that a spot on the hosted tab will increase the player count, but it does not increase the size of our community. These people join, try the server out, and leave. There is nothing that attracts them to play further. So being on the hosted tab does not increase the number of players in the long term. You need to add new features to the server that will make new players want to stay and become regular players before renewing the hosted tab.

woodenvillage
Donator
Donator

Post by woodenvillage » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:23 pm

i agree with the post above this^, indeed hosted tab helps when it's about getting new players but at the same time we should be getting them to stay.

gucch__62
Administrator
Administrator

Post by gucch__62 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:10 am

I'm gonna bump this. What wooden said is true.

Whether or not the server is on the hosted tab or not won't have much of an impact if you don't have something that will keep the players here.
I'm not gonna go into much detail on hosted tab since it will only affect the player base, if there is enough stuff in the server to keep players here.

As harsh as this may sound Ricardo, the reason r-fs went downhill wasn't because of all the downtime, or not being in hosted tab etc. It's when that 'Money car' event started by the server got bugged and removed. There was nothing to replace it. There needs to be a clock event started by the server every 5 minutes or so (Like Moneybag). (and maybe more of them - like Fallout, Super Race, Super Deathmatch) All started by the server. Then have a monthly top 3 players for each event, which resets every month; in stats just say the total events won etc.). That's just an example.

At the moment your player base isn't the amount of new players joining its the amount of players that reach regular out of all that joined and want to continue playing because of the servers 'wow factor'. Don't get me wrong, for banter and the old people here i'd give the server a 10/10, and people wanna be a part of that group, but the server is falling behind in its 'wow factor'. Not enough stuff on the server to keep new players here to get to know the community

But to constantly have the server in the hosted tab (donations, getting new regular players etc). you gotta put money up, which should be paying it self off, with regular donations from players.

CONCLUSION: Don't waste money on hosted tab YET, till the server is fully refurbished and has what it needs to keep getting 'new REGULAR players' every week. (It needs that).
«GUCCHI'S SHOP»


Ricardo
Server Owner
Server Owner

Post by Ricardo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:34 pm

Without going into too much detail as I'm at work right now: internet tab is broken so without hosted tab a server is in none of the lists. Therefore it's impossible to gain more players at any given time except for a small minority who are advertising with friends or through social media.

No matter what anyone says I am 100% certain that for many new people the server has more than enough to offer (if they care about the gamemode itself, but that's a different story). Of course older players are not going to stay without new stuff but that's also besides the point. Why? Because in the month that we had hosted tab there were constantly people online and 15-20 people during peek hours.

The reason that the player loyalty is low due to the complete lack of new stuff has nothing to do with the fact that we can't establish a new playerbase. It's already harder for a gamemode like this to gain players compared to CnR and roleplay.

Neither Miracoli or me have a lot of spare time to implement new stuff. The time I spend for the server all has to do with fixing issues and making stuff better but I don't want to start from scratch or start working on things I won't finish.

R-FS has potential for new players, but I refuse to pay for monthly hosted tab since none of the new people who joined in the month that we had hosted tab donated for keeping the server running.

The update that took forever and that's finally done is now stable enough I'm only having a problem that no matter what I try it doesn't relaunch after a crash. If I take some time to fix that then it will remain running on my server since it has plenty of memory and cpu power anyways. It doesn't crash all of the time anymore and the timeout problem is fixed as well. It doesn't matter anyway like this.