Server unreachable (updated!)

Moderator: Server Administrators

Ricardo
Server Owner
Server Owner

Server unreachable (updated!)

Post by Ricardo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Please read the following very important article: http://samp-funserver.org/news/121-server-unreachable!

Update: please check it again... I've updated the article again and it has some new information about the status of the website and server. Make sure to let everyone know about this.

[GA]Punk
Donator
Donator
Location: Across the street from that place, you know ?, that place, the one with the sign...

Re: R-FS is shutting down

Post by [GA]Punk » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:11 pm

RIP RFS/YFS 2010 - 2015

It was awesome, thanks for keeping the server runing all these years and for making a place where i could meet all these wonderful people :D

Who knows we might meet again in some future GTA :3

PSN: ishadowops

Incase anyone ever wants to play some games or catch up xd
ImageImage
.................................. 3 years on YFS/RFS ..................................
ImageImage

drownrabbit
Donator
Donator

Post by drownrabbit » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Well, shit.
I started playing here after Ricardo took over the control of Garsinos Funserver. It was fun to play here, making badass stats was very addictive
and so was making fun of other players, back then. I got kicked out of the community quite fast and some time after creating rainDrops group I got banned for along tine.

When I got back, everything was great again till I got in troubles cause my poor communication skills with other players, I got banned again, eventually for even longer after
doing some bad things to the server generally. When I returned for the 3rd time, I didnt plan to change myself at all and that lead me to being promoted after being very active.

I continued being an active player as an administrator for quite long time, I enjoyed being rich and owning all of the cool properties I ever wanted. I loved creating new
tutorials and other useful threads on the forum which made me most active player on le forum (which I still am!). Then everything stuttered after updates that never came and
the continuos server crashes.

To every player Ive ever said anything bad or offensive in past two years, you probably deserved it. I enjoyed every one of you little pricks trying to get me demoted and
I give both big thumps up to Miracoli for always understanding what type of a person I am.
Its very sad that I have deleted all of my SA-MP screenshots over 5 years, Id upload some great memories here.

Upload the forum database to some free forum for example, so we could still chat around here.
Even though I wasnt active more than few times a month past 8-10 months, I visit the forum every single day.

I wish the forum will remain alive, please.

Ricardos Funserver
2009-2015

[GA]Turtla
Donator
Donator

Post by [GA]Turtla » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:28 pm

Had a lot of fun here! Such a shame...

wazap
Donator
Donator

Post by wazap » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:28 pm

this is so sad :cry: ive been playing here for more than 2 years and it has been really fun... i will miss everyone,even sunlight :lol:
so as punk said, you can add me on skype aswell: metalsima
thats it from me
and now lets trend #rfsnever4get on twitter/instagram/fb
rest in swag boyz
Last edited by wazap on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jozeph
Donator
Donator

Post by Jozeph » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:12 pm

Man. It's truly shattering to see RFS end up like that.

I have spent more than 4-year here. Honestly enjoying each minute.
I joined the server in April 2011 when I was a 12-year old kid who recently got SAMP and was simply looking for a server to enjoy. The most attractive thing about RFS was it's atmosphere and community. The server had a very chilling atmosphere and a very nice community. I quickly made some friends and started playing frequently.

The most fun times were when I was in NF and the war with rD specifically epicface who was my very first enemy and most hated guy. Which is quite funny because two years later, I would be co-leader of his clan and as much as I hate to admit it, that was a very enjoyable time back then.

Through the years I continued to play and have fun with my good friends here. I learned a lot of things. English, for instance. Which amazes my IRL friends and helps me a lot with studies thanks to RFS.

Now I'm 17. I moved on with life and stopped playing SAMP. But I really want to thank Ricardo and Miracoli for providing us with such an awesome server. A lot of memories flowing in my mind right now. Too much to write. But in all seriousness, thanks to everyone here for one hell of a 4 years ride. Wish everyone a good life and good luck with everything.

#ThankYouRFS

P.S: Please, this forum is a grand archive of all the great memories here. As much as it being the only place of communication. Don't let it vanish. I hope you can come up with something to save it.
I realize now that it will take time.
That the road ahead is long and shrouded in darkness.
It's not a road that will always take me where I wish to go.
And I doubt I'll live to see its end.
But I will travel down it nontheless.
For at my side walks hope

Ricardo
Server Owner
Server Owner

Post by Ricardo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. It really matters a lot to me and that is 100% true.

Sunlight & Joe: I really don't know how to keep the forums accessible. The problem is that I don't want to be paying for the domain name and hostnig (€21,75 per year). I can home host the website, but that also means that I still have to maintain, moderate and update something that is practically dead. :( Also the domain name must be kept and that costs €12,09 a year.

Leaving the forum running in read only mode is possible, but that also doesn't make much sense either, even though I do admit that it's nice to keep it around. Sigh... I'm not sure what to do about it.

BrianSpencer
Server noob
Server noob

Post by BrianSpencer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:57 am

R.I.P RFS/YFS 2010-2015

sucking a fucking great server to play on when I seen the message about it shutting down I was like shocked actually and I was devastated and heartbroken I had played on this server for 5 years that's a pretty long time and ricardo I understand bro its hard to keep a server alive and good samp servers must come to a end I will miss all you guys I had fun playing with you for 5 years im starting my first year in high school and its been going great hopefully it stays that way :D now im gonna have to immigrate to another stunting server and adapt to it I will think of rfs in my mind and I wont forget it :( thank you for the best five years of rfs I cant thank you enough I will truly miss you and wont forget you :(

if you guys have ps3 or ps4 psn id to keep in contact with my psn is xXGTAmAnIacXx hopefully I will see you on there playing some video games and punk I will add you sometime :)

this is biker11 / beerbrian /coolio123 signing out

P.S im going to miss my beershop in blueberry and in downtown san fierro on rfs :(

drownrabbit
Donator
Donator

Post by drownrabbit » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Dont you have any friend who owns a website himself? Or your school, perhaps?
It could be www.hopedepot.org/trash/rfsforum or whatever, people would still visit and chat around.

Also its so awesome for me to sometimes read my first posts or w/e.

[SV]Overdrive
Donator
Donator

Post by [SV]Overdrive » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Well, I've had such a fantastic time on this server for the past few years.
Out of all the servers I encountered, none come close to this.
I am really sad to see the server closing down.

Honestly, I really am lost for words here. I just could not believe this is actually happening.
I know I've been quite a blithering idiot on many occasions, and with that, I sincerely apologise for my actions.

On a final note, I would like to thank everyone, and I really do mean everyone, for making my SA:MP gaming experience truly unforgettable.

Hopefully, I will see you all again in the near future :)