Server Downtime

Moderator: Server Administrators

NaClchemistryK
Donator
Donator

R-FS NUOOOOOOOOOOO

Post by NaClchemistryK » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Yo guyz,
lately, I have tried to construct a server of my own and it is going well (not trying to advertise here).
Then I wanted to start a LAN Test Server,
BUT UNFORTUNATELY, R-FS IS GONE???!!!
@ my Fauvourites List, R-FS has disappeared, so have all others. WTF happened? And even my test
Server says: (Retrieving Info...) [Test Server IP].
Here, I am trying to ask where my R-FS Server is gone to, nothing about the test server.
What I tried till now:
I tried to re-install SA-MP.
I tried to find the server @ Hosted Tab
I have tried almost everything....
Nothing is better than salt and sugar. You put it into every dish.

And Is Salt in R-FS??? Yes!

NaCl's back bro

[GA]JigSaW
Donator
Donator

Re: R-FS NUOOOOOOOOOOO

Post by [GA]JigSaW » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:52 pm

You have tried almost everything? Genius
Did you try clicking the favorites button and enter the IP of the server? And the server is down anyway but if you want to add it then do what I just said if u didn't
IP is at the top^
Jiggy wub chu <3

Pilot_7983
Donator
Donator

Post by Pilot_7983 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:53 pm

http://status.volt-host.com/

It's not just you, it's affecting MANY other servers too, it was an apparent DDoS attack on certain network/range of IP's, including ours.
We're all suffering, we just have to be patient

P.s: wrong board anyway
Regards,

-----
Lucia: u faiul pillz
Lucia: pilot*
Lucia: wtf
[22:56] <~FunBot3> Marty_Kojima: hola buenas estoy buscando a mi mascota perdida se llama Sergio :v

NaClchemistryK
Donator
Donator

Post by NaClchemistryK » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:15 pm

@ Jiggy:
it's no use, the server permanently disappears.

@ Pilot:
I don't live in any of those countries...
if you say so, then I'll be patient but I don't think that any of
those infos have anything to with me...
PATIENCEE
Nothing is better than salt and sugar. You put it into every dish.

And Is Salt in R-FS??? Yes!

NaCl's back bro

Covi
Donator
Donator

Post by Covi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 pm

NaCl, if you hosted your server using volt-host at UK1, your server will be affected because every single server on that host is down because of the attack(this includes R-FS and probably the other servers). Other than that, if you didn't host your server and you use a PC for starting it, try going to cmd and typing ipconfig. Type the ip you find:your selected port at samp and it should work. And I think you're lying, you scripted a server all by yourself and you don't know how to turn it on? (or it's me who doesn't get it ._.) (your IP can change every time you restart your router/PC).
Novus ordo seclorum.
[/b]

Pilot_7983
Donator
Donator

Post by Pilot_7983 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:48 pm

NaClchemistryK wrote:@ Jiggy:
it's no use, the server permanently disappears.

@ Pilot:
I don't live in any of those countries...
if you say so, then I'll be patient but I don't think that any of
those infos have anything to with me...
PATIENCEE
lol I didn't mean YOUR ip, I meant the SERVER's HOSTED IP xD
Regards,

-----
Lucia: u faiul pillz
Lucia: pilot*
Lucia: wtf
[22:56] <~FunBot3> Marty_Kojima: hola buenas estoy buscando a mi mascota perdida se llama Sergio :v

woodenvillage
Donator
Donator

Post by woodenvillage » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Yo guyz,
lately, I have tried to construct a server of my own and it is going well (not trying to advertise here).
Then I wanted to start a LAN Test Server,
BUT UNFORTUNATELY, R-FS IS GONE???!!!
how are these related to eachother? This is not the right place to get help for your own server and no need to make a topic about server being down, thanks.

Papa_Miracoli
Server Co-Owner
Server Co-Owner

Server Downtime

Post by Papa_Miracoli » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Hey guys,

As you might have already noticed, the server is down. Again. For those who don't know the "full" story already, here's what's actually happening:

Ricardo has the server, but the server needs to be hosted 24/7 so people can join at all times. Because Ricardo can't do it by himself on his own computer (to host a server, you need a server that is powerful enough and be 'always' online) so he has to rent another server (or part of a server) in order to keep R-FS online.

Volt-host is the host we use. They provide the up-time, or in our case, down-time. We (Ricardo and you, the Donating R-FS player) pay to keep R-FS online. It can happen that volt-host has to put the server offline for a while: a known "DDoS" attack for example, or planned downtime, needed so they can upgrade their servers. But, they can only take the server offline for a certain amount of time - after all, we keep on paying them.

But as you can see, volt-host is not living up to some reasonable standards. The time they keep R-FS down gives us a good reason to call their services and their support an utter disgrace. Though, volt-host has not (does not) refund you in any way. By this I mean they won't give you your money back whatsoever, but they give you a few extra days or weeks (downtime? -.-) "for free".
So, as long as we have money on volt-host, which is the case, we can't just abandon this shitty host because that would mean donations would go to waste. So that answers the question "why don't you just pick another host".

R-FS will migrate to another host as soon as the money on volt-host is spent, and that will be soon enough. We are sorry for the downtime, I know people want to play and frankly, so do I but we're gonna have to be a bit more patient until volt-host decides to get his shit together.

We are also working on the new version, I'm also working on it right now (i'm now just typing this because i got a bit bored and raging over volt-host yes), we'll provide you guys with some info on this later on.

I hope you understand what's causing our downtime.

PS. Not that i want everyone to rage at volt-host, let's not make this a flamewar topic please.

EvilX
Donator
Donator

Re: Server Downtime

Post by EvilX » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Ricardo got still 30 euros in shit-host... So we'll be stuck with this for a while...

drownrabbit
Banned
Banned

Re: Server Downtime

Post by drownrabbit » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:43 pm

For awhile is about 3 months.