General rules (These rules apply to the entire forum):
1. No flaming - respect all players and admins.
2. No spamming - Self explanatory really. Just irritating and annoying, anyone caught doing it will be warned and possibly punished. Note that useless posts or posts that don't contribute in the more serious sections like Ban Appeals will receive a warning. Only quote a post when necessary, useless quotes also fit under the no spamming rule.
3. Bumping old topics - If a topic hasn't had any replies for a while, don't bump it without adding value to the topic. If it has had no replies then obviously it is not needed anymore.
4. No advertising - This is Ricardo's Funserver. If you need to advertise, go elsewhere. We don't want any advertisements for anything here.
5. No warez - Don't even discuss or mention it. Keep things legit here.
6. This is an English forum, that means that everyone has to talk English. Your English has to be at least understandable, we don't want to spend hours on trying to understand you when you don't put any effort in being understandable.
7. No sex, nude or any other media that contains pornographic material or refering to it/linking to it.
8. Do not point people on their rule-breaking, but report their posts instead.
9. No huge forum signatures or avatars allowed, keep the forum usable for people with smaller screens.
10. There is a topic for discussing signatures, do not make seperate topics for it anymore. The same thing applies to My Little Pony and 'post your favourite music' kind of topics.
11. Never purposely vandalise your posts, this includes making edits to make things look like you never said something you did or completly replacing your post with dots or anything else. Breaking this rule will result in an account lock disallowing you to edit any posts permanently.
If your post(s) get deleted, that means your post shouldn't be there. Take it as a warning.
Admins may punish you for things not written in these rules and update the rules at all times without any further noticing.
These rules apply to the irc as well.
Admin Applications format and rules.
Your admin application will only be taken into consideration when:
- Your in-game playing time is more than 2 days (you must be a regular player).
- Your register date is more than 3 months ago.
- Your English grammar has to be at least understandable!
- You ask anyone to view your admin application or vote on it.
- You're banned for cheating.
- Ur englisch no good and no understands!
- You copied from someone else's admin application.
Format (MUST follow!):
Code: Select all
[size=150](NAME)'s Admin Application[/size]: [i]Your in-game nick:[/i] [i]What is your age? (Provide your real age. Owners will only use this to check if your general behaviour fits your age. Owners never deny anyone by only looking at your age):[/i] [i]Can you handle working in/as a team?[/i] [i]Will you stay active (unactive admins will be demoted)?[/i] [i]Where are you From (where are you living now - what country)?[/i] [i]Have you been admin before? If yes, on what game and server(s)? (don't post IP/advertise!)[/i] [i]How long have you played SA-MP?[/i] [i]How long have you played on this server? (also count the time before Yoshi's ownership)[/i] [i]Have you ever used cheats in any way?[/i] [i]Have you ever been banned from Ricardo's Funserver in the past?[/i] [i]Why should we pick [b]you[/b] as a server admin?[/i] [i]Why do you want to be an admin in Ricardo's Funserver?[/i] [b]************** [color=#0000FF]Answer the questions below[/color] **************[/b] [i]*** A player is advertising (a website, another server, a product). What would you do?[/i] [i]*** A player shouts: "ID 11 IS CHEATER. HEALTH HACK!11!". What would you do?[/i] [i]*** A player is abusing a server bug. What would you do?[/i] [i]*** A Player Is spamming. What would you do?[/i] [i]*** A player is being rude against another player. What would you do?[/i] [i]*** A player is shouting racist words at another player/admin. What would you do?[/i] [i]*** You are being demoted for admin abuse. How would you react?[/i] [i]*** You noticed a cheater. What would you do?[/i] [i]*** You think you've found a cheater. How would you check it?[/i]
- Your admin application also represents your skills in the English language. Be sure to type CORRECT English!
- Answer these questions with FULL SENTENCES, your answer can't be for example only "/complain".
- You are NOT allowed to make ANY changes or corrections on your admin application after posting it. (Remember: admins can see if you did!)
- You are NOT allowed to refer to any previous made accounts, if you want to make an admin apply then your CURRENT account must follow the admin apply conditions!
- Owners have the right to deny your application without notice or further information.
- Do not ask why your admin apply got denied (if there was no reason stated).
- Do not vote on an admin apply (+1/-1) WITHOUT stating any reason. Make sure you write something in addition, e.g.: +1, I saw him helping other players out a lot!
- If you make more than 1 admin apply while the other one is still pending (meaning NOT in the "Accepted Applications" or "Denied Applications" section), both applies will be denied.
If your admin application gets denied for a reason that allowes you to re-apply, you can do so after 2 weeks.
Follow the suggestion format below. It makes my work easier and improves the server.
Before you make a suggestion, search around in the pending suggestions and Denied Suggestions section to avoid suggesting something that has already been suggested!
Code: Select all
[i]Short description about the suggestion:[/i] [i]Why should the suggestion be added:[/i] [i]Is this your idea or did you see it on another server [b](no advertising!)[/b]:[/i] [i]Extra information about the suggestion:[/i]
Bug Report section:
Follow the bug report format below. It makes my work easier and the server more bug-free.
Code: Select all
[i]When you found the bug (date needed):[/i] [i]What the bug is:[/i] [i]How does it effect the gameplay:[/i] [i]How you found the bug:[/i] [i]Extra information about the bug:[/i]
Follow the player complaint format below. It makes it easier to punish players for their actions.
Code: Select all
[i]Name of the cheater or rule breaker:[/i] [i]Date and time when it happened:[/i] [i]Description of what he did:[/i] [i]Proof (NEEDED!):[/i] [i]Extra information we need to know (optional):[/i]
- You can only post in a Player Complaint topic if you are the person who made the complaint, the person complained against, an administrator working on the case or if you have RELEVANT and/or IMPORTANT information which could influence the case. If you do post without being one of above stated people, you will receive a warning.
- Do NOT contact Yoshi about your case if Yoshi is not related to your case. Any admin who decides to work on your case (who replied to your topic) is the person you must talk to if you feel that is needed.
- Create a topic using the format stated above and format the title of your topic like this: (player complained against) - (what he/she did). For example: Yoshi - Cheating.
- Don't mention things like "Yoshi is a cheater BAN HIM!", it's US who decide the punishment (when your proof is valid)!
Follow the ban appeal format below.
If you got banned from the R-FS SA:MP server, use the following format:
Code: Select all
[i]Your in-game nickname:[/i] [i]Date and time when you got banned:[/i] [i]Reason for the ban:[/i] [i]Why should we unban you?:[/i] [i]Extra information we need to know (optional):[/i]
Code: Select all
[i]Your IRC nickname:[/i] [i]Date and time when you got banned:[/i] [i]Reason for the ban:[/i] [i]Why should we unban you?:[/i] [i]Which channel were you banned from?[/i] [i]Extra information we need to know (optional):[/i]
- Do NOT ask for an unban on IRC or in-game, it can only extend your ban, or get yourself permanently banned.
- You can only post in a ban appeal topic if you are the person who made the appeal, an administrator working on the case or if you have RELEVANT and/or IMPORTANT information which could influence the case. If you do post without being one of above stated people, you will receive a warning.
- You can only appeal your OWN ban, not your friend's/brother's/anyone elses ban!
- Do NOT contact Ricardo about your case if Ricardo is not related to your case. The admin who banned you is the admin you can talk to (inside your appeal) if you want to be unbanned. Ricardo is the owner here, but that does NOT mean you have to harass him with every little detail - that's why the other admins are here.
- Sometimes, a SA:MP bug shows up that causes you to see the message "You are banned from this server", while you are not banned. So be sure to reconnect a few times!
- Make a new topic with the format, don't post in other people's topic.
- Do not talk about your ban by any means other than communicating in your ban appeal topic, unless an admin or owner instructs you to do otherwise. An example can be the admin who banned you asking you to PM him your current IP address.
- You may only have one ban appeal topic open at the same time. If you're banned from the IRC and in-game at the same time, post this in the same topic.
Bored Board section:
This is the only place on the forums where you are allowed to use reaction images, discuss and share funny websites, play forum games, go slightly off-topic and where you don't have to worry about your posts being noncontributing. However, this doesn't mean that you're allowed to use this board as spamming area! Just remember that the general forum rules apply here too.
In an addition to this, make sure that your topic has a proper name and that you post stuff other people are interested in. E.g. no "check out my awesome new screwdriver" or "I just shaved my balls" topics. The reason for the creation of this board is to keep the rest of the R-FS site clean and organized. Some mild adult humor is allowed, but keep stuff SFW (safe for work) and don't forget general rule #3 and #8. Don't troll, disrespect or annoy other players and most importantly: enjoy your stay!
A final word:
Some simple rules, formats and notes that should be followed at all times. Use your common sense as well when posting, what you see as funny may in fact be very offensive to another. If you are unsure about it, don't post it.